November 29th, 2016
10th Annual Meet Me In The Keys Registration opens, event is June 8-11, 2017
We're so excited to announce the opening of registration on November 29th for Meet me in the Keys! Can you believe we will be celebrating 10 years? Who remembers the K-Tel albums? I used to love those and couldn't wait for new ones to come out. That's where we're getting our inspiration for MMITK's Greatest Hits, aka One Road Home. It's going to be a lot of fun. Here are a few things you need to know to do your registration so read carefully.
- Registration opens on Turquoise Tuesday (November 29th)
- Limit of 300 attendees
- Click on the registration tab of www.meetmeinthekeys.org.
- Must be a member of one of the three Castaways clubs to attend (this applies to your "guests", too). Select your club from the Attendee registration list.
- Doubletree Grand Key Resort is the "host" hotel.
- To book your room, be sure to use the link from the website to get your discount rates, free parking, free breakfast and more.
- On Christmas Day we will do a random drawing from those who have booked their rooms to give away a free upgrade to a suite!
- Hangover Classic Walk - this is the fundraising "fun" walk for KOA Care Camps.
- The location is a surprise but we promise it will not be any longer than this year's walk (remember, it was only 1/10th of a mile!).
- Funds from the walk go to Care Camp and participants get a commemorative tee.
- Start hitting up your friends, family and co-workers for walk pledges. We'll send out the tracking sheets very soon.
- Raffle - new this year we are doing a Reverse Raffle in place of the silent auction
- Only 150 tickets will be sold
- Tickets are $100 each and you can buy yours during your online registration. (Another reason to register early!) You can also contact us if you wish to purchase extras. If we have any left once the event gets here, we will have them available at check-in.
- Unlike regular raffles, if your ticket is drawn you are out. But, here's the fun part. Tickets drawn 1st, 50th, and 100th will each win $500! And, the person holding the final ticket left in the hopper wins $2500! When we get to the final 5 tickets, those folks can negotiate with each other to possibly split the pot, sell their tickets to someone, or hold out for the whole enchilada! This will mean that $11,000 will go to KOA Care Camps from this raffle alone!
- As in years past, you can purchase your 2017 Key West Bar Card during registration. Also, consider getting your name plaque at Smokin' Tuna. Order them through your registration and $5 from each goes to KOA Care Camps. If you order, I will contact you to get the details for your plaque.
If you are interested in being a sponsor, please let us know. Some levels get you a free registration to MMITK along with the other sponsorship perks, so check out the sponsor page here
. We couldn't do this event without our wonderful sponsors so I hope you'll consider it. And we have a fun happy hour for sponsors before the kick-off party.
Here's your schedule. You can see this and other details on the website
- Tuesday - Pre-pre-party at Hogfish with John Frinzi
- Wednesday - Pre-party at Smokin' Tuna with Rob Mehl and Mike Miller (Boat Drunks)
- Thursday - Check in with Cory Young and Ty Thurman; Kick-off Party with the Southern Drawl Band
- Friday - Hangover Classic Walk with Captain Josh; Pool party with Thom Shepherd and Coley McCabe
- Saturday - The main event show with Howard Livingston and the Mile Marker 24 Band
- Sunday - Bloody Mary Bash with Sunny Jim, Jimi Pappas & John Patti.
As the event gets closer, we will put out an email explaining the volunteer opportunities and other details. For now, just get those registrations in and rooms booked!